The Vein Center was initially started in Little Rock, Arkansas in late 2004 to address the growing need of patients for a local facility that could evaluate and treat varicose veins and other associated Venous disorders. The Vein Center was initially started as a part-time clinic but has quickly grown in size and required the construction of a full-time clinic in January, 2007. As the Medical Director, Dr. Long (an Interventional Radiologist) realized that Arkansas needed a facility capable of handling the full spectrum of venous disease, from cosmetic procedures such as sclerotherapy for spider veins to venous treatment for limb-threatening leg ulcerations. In addition to treating patients with varicose veins, we treat patients with other significant medical problems such as leg pain, leg swelling, itching, restless leg syndrome, burning and leg ulceration (which can be caused by venous disease). Dr. Long has made medical presentations throughout Arkansas to further educate the medical community about the need for prompt and definitive venous diagnosis and treatment. He has also published in the local medical literature highlighting the evaluation and treatment of varicose veins and venous abnormalities as seen and treated in The Vein Center.
In July of 2008 The Vein Center had grown to the point of needing both additional space and staff and operations were transferred to our outpatient clinic at 11219 Financial Centre Parkway, Suite 215 under the direction of Dr. Long. This facility was designed specifically to address the needs of our patients with easy access for our patients. Our staff has also grown from an original staff of 3 to a staff of 6 to better accommodate our patients and the needs of our referring physicians. Unlike many of the physicians in Arkansas who treat venous disease, Dr. Long has focused his practice solely on the evaluation and treatment of venous disease.
Venous procedures (Laser ablation, Sclerotherapy and Phlebectomy) are covered by the vast majority of insurance carriers for patients with significant problems resulting from venous disorders. Spider vein treatment is still considered a cosmetic procedure by insurance carriers, regardless of symptoms. The Vein Center accepts nearly all major insurance and is dedicated to working with the various carriers to get patients the procedures and care that they need. We are committed to being the premier treatment choice for patients with venous disorders in Arkansas.
Please contact us if we can be of help to you, your friends, relatives, or to your patients.
- Every patient deserves exceptional care.
- Pleased patients are our best advertisement.
- Patients should be treated with respect, understanding and kindness.
- We should commit ourselves to continual improvement in our field of expertise.
- We should provide timely service and scheduling.
- We should work with insurance carriers to help our patients receive the treatment that they need.
- Our charges should be fair and reasonable to both ourselves and our patients.
- Our office should be a comfortable and relaxing place for our patients and their families.
- We should be a resource to referring physicians in our area so that we remain the premier Vein Treatment facility in Arkansas.
- We should meet or exceed patient and physician expectations.